WHAT IS NEUROFEEDBACK?
A Drug Free Alternative to better Well-Being
Neurofeedback for DYSLEXIA.
- Dyslexia is a specific reading disability due to a defect in the brain’s processing of graphic symbols.
- .It is a learning disability that alters the way the brain processes written material..
- It is typically characterized by difficulties in word recognition, spelling and decoding..
- People with dyslexia have problems with reading comprehension..
- Dyslexia is considered a neurological and often genetic condition..
- Dyslexia is not linked to intelligence..
- The effects of dyslexia vary from person to person..
- The only shared trait among people with dyslexia is that they read at levels significantly lower than typical for people of their age.
How does Neurofeedback help Dyslexia?
Neurofeedback (Brain Training) uses information about the brain’s electrical energy, or brain waves, to literally change the way the brain works.
Many children with learning disabilities are simply stuck, so to speak, in the wrong brain wavelength patterns.
Through Neurofeedback, their brains can be taught to operate on an entirely new level.
In fact, a 1985 study found that children with learning disorders who were treated with neurofeedback therapy showed an average IQ increase of nineteen points.
Neurofeedback training or Brain Training targets the symptoms of dyslexia at their foundation – the brain!
Often visual, auditory, and/or executive processing deficiencies are present in those with learning disabilities, and neurofeedback directly targets these areas of brain function.
Not only can it target the primary symptoms, but also the secondary symptoms of learning disabilities including social emotional and self esteem difficulties.
Neurofeedback produces long-term changes in an individual’s functioning and mental health.
Neurofeedback: A powerful means to work with Dyslexia
- With Neurofeedback there is a solution to help individuals with brain based disabilities like dyslexia make changes to their brain that have a lasting impact, no matter their age.
- Neurofeedback helps to re-train the brain and optimize the functioning of the entire brain by removing barriers and improving the connections and brainwave activity in a certain region of the brain or among different regions of the brain.
- It releases the old stuck or abnormal patterns to create new and more effective, stronger and organized patterns.
- Training protocols are generated from the initial QEEG brain mapping.
- Training involves audio and visual feedback that involuntarily teaches the individual to self-regulate the abnormal brain wave patterns that are presented to them on computer screen and through earphones in a number of ways.
- Neurofeedback training has shown a high level of clinical success around the world, and is supported by a strong base of research in neuroscience.